What is the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program?
EITC is a program that gives tax credits to eligible businesses who decide to contribute to Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania. Your tax liability is diverted to our Club so teens can receive excellent educational opportunities towards financial literacy, workforce and career development, and social enterprise.
Individuals who earn more than $200,000 may also apply for and receive tax credits. Schedule a consultation with us to discuss this option.
How can the EITC Program benefit you?
• For a two-year commitment, your business will receive a tax credit for 90% of your contribution.
• For a one-year commitment, your business will receive a tax credit for 75% of your contribution.
• The remaining 10%/25% may be claimed as a charitable donation on your federal tax return.
• Tax credits awarded up to a maximum of $750,000 per year per program, for a total of $1,500,000.
Who is eligible to participate?
Any PA business subject to the following taxes:
• Personal Income Tax
• Capital Stock/Foreign Franchise Tax
• Corporate Net Tax Income
• Bank Share Tax
• Title Insurance & Trust Company Shares Tax
• Insurance Premium Tax (excluding surplus unauthorized, domestic/foreign marine
• Mutual Thrift Tax
• Malt Beverage Tax
• Reality fees under section 212 of the Company law of 1921
When can you apply?
Beginning May 15 – For businesses who have fulfilled
their 2-year commitment and would like to renew.
Beginning May 15 – For businesses in the middle
of a 2-year commitment.
Beginning July 2 – All new businesses applying for
the first time.
Please apply early, as tax credits are claimed within
1–2 days, and distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Apply in 6 Easy Steps
- To apply, visit www.esa.dced.state.pa.us or request a meeting with us to help you through the process. For first time applicants, register your business
and login from the Single Application page. Businesses that have already registered can log in to the Single Application page.
- Once Logged in, complete the application and in approximately two weeks you will hear from the DCED about whether you have been approved.
- Once approved, you must select Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania from the Educational Improvement Organization and make your donation within 60 days of the date of the DCED approval letter.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania will send you a written letter of acknowledgement as proof of your contribution, which needs to be sent to DCED within 90 days of the date of the approval letter.
- For information about EITC Funding contact: Dr. Lisa Abel-Palmieri firstname.lastname@example.org (412) 782-5710 x 109
- Call the The PA Department of Revenue as another resource: (717) 772-3896