Careers with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
Employment Type: Full-time
Compensation: Based on Experience
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania (BGCWPA) is a mission-based organization that hires employees that are recognized as leaders in their field with a passion for improving young lives. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits which allows our employees to maintain work/life balance. We serve more than 8,000 young people annually through programs, services, and outreach. An affiliate of a national organization-Boys & Girls Clubs of America, we are one of the largest comprehensive out of school time providers in Allegheny & Somerset County.
The Administrative Assistant will be expected to learn and manage the ins-and outs of Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania’s administration offices daily routines and procedures. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for answering phones, greeting visitors, accepting packages, ordering office supplies, office cleanliness and organization, monitoring general email accounts, and various program administration support.
- Day-to-day administrative duties as assigned by supervisor and staff.
- Become proficient on all office systems, such as: organizational filing systems, expense tracking, Google Docs, ACTIVE registration system, BGCA.net,
- Management and tracking of BGCWPA’s scholarship and subsidy programs for discounted memberships
- Understanding of all Clubhouse locations and programs in order to support various needs of prospective and current members, including scholarship and discount programs.
- Supporting Clubhouses with setting up new programs and activities and tracking data on our membership platform (ACTIVE)
- Advanced customer service skills and communications.
- Highly energetic and positive individual that has a welcoming attitude to be the first face to greet visitors in our administrative office.
- Attention to detail and advanced organization skills are a must.
- Skilled at time management and prioritizing data tracking to be current and accurate.
- Ability to respond to calls and emails within 24 hours
- Strict adherence to confidentiality as it relates to family income and other sensitive concerns that may need to be addressed
- Swimming in the summer to support a decreased ratio at assigned and scheduled times is a requirement.
- Completing a full DHS Child Care file to be a resource to support Clubhouse staffing in the event of call offs and emergencies.
- Proactive communication to the Vice President Operations on scholarships issued, parent concerns, subsidy tracking, and enrollments.
- Completed or working toward an advanced degree, with a focus on business administration, nonprofit management, social entrepreneurship, marketing, event planning, education, or related field.
- Detail oriented, proactive, a love for organization and administration, ability to prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- This person must be exceedingly well organized, proactive, flexible, and dedicated to help in a supporting role.
- Must have technical computer skills.
- Must have exemplary customer service skills.
- Comfortable working alone on assignments as well as in collaboration with others.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs function require the following physical demands: lifting & carrying up to 50 pounds, pushing, any/or pulling, climbing to include steps, balancing, stooping, standing, sitting, kneeling, crawling, crouching, and signification fine fingered dexterity. Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Perform all additional duties and tasks assigned by leadership/supervisors.
Certifications and Clearances
CPR, Pediatric First Aid, Child Abuse, Criminal History, FBI clearance, NSOR certificate, PA Disclosure and Mandated Reporter certification required upon hire or newer then 6 months.
PA Staff Health Assessment and TB Test must be submitted upon hire and before start date please use the link below to access the form: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/docs/For-Providers/Documents/Child%20Care%20Forms/CD-322%20-%20Staff%20Health%20Assessment.pdf
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Our organization prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.