Things to Collect to make this week work well
- Cardboard of various sizes and shapes, both reused and/or buy new
- Box cutters
- Cutting mats
- Masking tape
- Hot glue
- Be ready to supply other things students ask for, like string or marbles
What is your favorite way to play? What are some of your favorite games?
This week you will make things that go into an arcade!
- Step 1: Brainstorm! – Start writing the brainstorm ideas on a board/ large piece of paper. What would you like to build for your arcade?
- Step 2: Decide on a scale – will the arcade be for people, or dolls, or action figures? What is the SCALE of the arcade?
- Step 3: Prototype with paper and tape first. Either make a small scale version of what you will build out of paper, or draw your design on paper!
What’s the heaviest thing you have ever had to lift?
Today we will work on our Arcade projects and build them out of cardboard!
Can you add a simple machine to yours as you build?
While you work today….
- How did Cane
- charge admission?
- award tickets?
- turn in tickets for prizes?
- “authenticate” fun passes?
- How will you do any of this?
- Can you think of this while you work on your arcade game?
Ok… Guys… We are almost done!
Great working hard. Today we will discuss with our group how we will line up our games and how everything will fit!
Today we will play!!
But first let’s watch this video. How does this make you feel?