Careers with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: Based on Experience
BGCWPA is a mission-based organization that hires employees that are recognized as leaders in their field with a passion for improving young lives. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits which allows our employees to maintain work/life balance. We serve more than 12,000 young people annually through programs, services, and outreach. An affiliate of a national organization-Boys & Girls Clubs of America. We are one of the largest comprehensive out of school time providers in Allegheny & Somerset County.
The Clubhouse Directors are responsible for overseeing a multitude of programs, partnerships, member recruitment/outreach, education, social recreation, arts & culture, vocational, health, physical education and mentoring programs as well as supervising the staff who facilitate these programs and activities.
The Director will also follow PA DHS Certification Chapter 3270 regulations, Keystone STARS, and CACFP Food Programming policies. This position is responsible for planning, developing, overseeing, implementation and supervision of programs and program employees; being a liaison for the volunteer advisory committee and assists the organization in facility management, fundraising, personnel supervision, public relations, special events and other activities as assigned. This position Reports to the Vice President, Operations (VPO).
- Grow enrollment of day, afterschool and specialty programs through sound recruiting and outreach practices
- Support planning of fundraising events, youth fundraisers and collaborate with the advancement team on all marketing materials, tours and social media Develop partnerships with other community organizations to incorporate diverse programming for the youth we serve and transition these partners to the Program Manager to facilitate programming
- Build a positive relationship between local School District’s that the Clubhouse serves and BGCWPA by scheduling and attending regular quarterly meetings with both building and district level leadership.
- Recruit, select and properly orient volunteers
- Partner with the advancement team to develop and distribute marketing promotional materials, plan events/local fundraisers and cultivate both individual and corporate donors.
Program & Operations
- Prepare young people for success by creating an environment that facilitates achievement and a sense of self-worth.
- Collaborate with Program Directors and Program Managers to develop teen, literacy, arts and stem programming, services and activities to ensure we activate and advance the potential in our members.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment; ensure facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained and in proper working order by partnering and coordinating with the Facilities & Maintenance Engineer.
- Develop partnerships with other community organizations to incorporate diverse programming for the youth we serve and transition these partners to the Program Manager to facilitate programming
Management & Supervision
- Supervise the performance, including annual appraisal process, of assigned program employees and volunteers; ensure a productive work environment
- Manage budgets, expenses and have a good understanding on locally generated revenue; follow all BGCWPA finance policies and procedures
- Host informal on the job regular staff training.
- Family engagement with regular family communications.
- Complete any and all administrative tasks.
- Participate in BGCWPA strategic planning sessions to advance the quality of BGCWPA.
- Assist other employees in establishing a friendly, cooperative relationship with public and private agencies in the area that are serviced by the organization
- Collaborate with HR Manager & Sr. Director of DEI on staff training and development
- Support the recruitment and interview process for all new Clubhouse hires; maintains local copies of records and actively follows new hire on-boarding plans
- Follow all PA DHS Certification regulations for Chapter 3270.
- Advance the program through PA’s Quality Rating Improvement System- Keystone STARS
- Follow all regulations through the CACFP Food Program for reimbursement.
- Update and maintain skills in use of current computer information and technology
- Attend all BGCWPA mandatory staff meetings.
- Prepare weekly/monthly program reports
- Report on and actively participate in diversity, equity and inclusion practices and opportunities
- At a minimum an associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 3 years of experience with children. Bachelors or Masters Degree Preferred.
- Must have experience working in a licensed childcare facility; management experience preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience as a manager or coordinator of a youth program or child care facility with demonstrated ability to supervise staff, budgets and collaborate with an administrative team
- High level of proficiency with using educational technologies to develop engaging learning and enrichment experiences for youth
- Advanced positive customer service skills needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with young people in a positive manner using restorative, not punitive practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, retain and lead program employees.
- Strong time management, organization, and project prioritization skills are a must
- Proficient in Google Suite.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs function require the following physical demands: lifting & carrying up to 50 pounds, pushing, any/or pulling, climbing to include steps, balancing, stooping, standing, sitting, kneeling, crawling, crouching, and signification fine fingered dexterity. Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Perform all additional duties and tasks assigned by leadership/supervisors.
Certifications and Clearances
CPR, Pediatric First Aid, Child Abuse, Criminal History, FBI clearance, NSOR certificate, PA Disclosure and Mandated Reporter certification required upon hire or newer then 6 months. PA Staff Health Assessment and TB Test must be submitted upon hire and before start date.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Our organization prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.