Careers with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
The Preschool Teacher will be hands on with the youth to implement curriculum and programming on a day to day basis. This role is responsible for the supervision and safety of all program participants as well as relationship building. This role will ensure that they follow all DHS Chapter 3270 Regulations and BGCA Safety requirements. This position requires warmth, patience, and understanding of youth between the ages of 3 and 5 years of age. This position requires an inspiration to assist youth in being lifelong learners while promoting social, physical, verbal, and cognitive development. Experience with Creative Curriculum preferred.
Check out our incredible full-time benefits at the end of the description!
- Implement educational programming to include: Creative Curriculum, Arts, STEM, Gross Motor, Fine motor, social skill development, verbal skill development and cognitive development.
- Ensure the safety of all program participants while in care. Create a safe and nurturing environment where youth can play and learn.
- Encourage recruitment with youth and families to assist with communications in the community of what programs, services, and outreach BGCWPA has to offer.
- Conduct annual youth evaluations of child progress per DHS requirements within 45 days of entry into the program.
- Promote and stimulate membership in the Clubhouse through programs, services, and outreach activities.
- Conduct monthly incentive programs that focus on literacy, STEM, Art, Mentoring, Athletics and Social/Emotional Learning activities.
- Work with volunteer, tutors, and students to participate in an ongoing education improvement program
- Implement Developmentally Appropriate Activities on a weekly basis and post for families.
- Provide an environment that promotes creativity and exploration through learning
- Offer input regarding department programs, in partnership with the approval of Program Manager
- Observe and report any maintenance and operation concerns of the department’s physical property, ensuring Club member safety at all times to the Clubhouse director.
- At a minimum an associate’s degree in education from an accredited college or university, including 30 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 3 years of experience with children- bachelor’s degree in education and teaching certificate preferred.
- The ability to create strong relationships with youth in a short period of time
- An interest in a variety of youth programs including technology, art, sports, STEM, mentoring and recreation
- Advanced positive customer service skills needed.
- Must complete a health physical and TB test
- 3 letters of Reference
- Clearances Act 33, Act 34, Act 151 and NSOR letter.
- Mandated Reporter Certification within 45 days of hire
- Be able to attend a minimum of 12 hours of training per year.
- Attend CPR, Pediatric First Aid training within the first 90 days of hire.
- Strong time management, organization, and project prioritization skills are a must
- Proficient in Google Suite.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs function require the following physical demands: lifting & carrying up to 50 pounds, pushing, any/or pulling, climbing to include steps, balancing, stooping, standing, sitting, kneeling, crawling, crouching, and signification fine fingered dexterity. Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Perform all additional duties and tasks assigned by leadership/supervisors.
Certifications and Clearances
CPR, Pediatric First Aid, Child Abuse, Criminal History, FBI clearance, NSOR certificate, PA Disclosure and Mandated Reporter certification required upon hire or newer then 6 months.
PA Staff Health Assessment and TB Test must be submitted upon hire and before start date.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Our organization prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
BGCWPA is a mission-based organization that hires employees that are recognized as leaders in their field with a passion for improving young lives. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits which allows our employees to maintain work/life balance. We serve more than 12,000 young people annually through programs, services, and outreach. An affiliate of a national organization-Boys & Girls Clubs of America. We are one of the largest comprehensive out of school time providers in Allegheny & Somerset County.