The Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania offers programs especially for teens and pre-teens and want to hear your voice! If you’re a student between the ages of 13 and 18, a full-range of special activities and programs has been designed just for you in a space to call your own: The CLUB. The CLUB is a safe place where you can come to hang out, have fun and spend time with friends. The CLUB is like a second home, away from the younger kids where we can find our voices and achieve success through after-school experiences rooted in what matter to most to us—CHOICE, ACCESS and PASSION.
The Ackerman Scholarship Fund
The Ackerman Scholarship Fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation was created to provide an opportunity for members of the Boys & Girls Club of Western PA, who could not otherwise afford it, to obtain a college education. In order to apply for this scholarship, a student must:
- Be a current and active member of the Boys & Girls Clubs of W. PA for at least four years.
- Be a current high school senior.
- Plan to attend a two or four year accredited college/university or technical school.
- Demonstrate academic effort by achieving a C+ average or higher and not have any failing grades.
- Demonstrate a financial need.
- Demonstrate commitment to and involvement in community service to the satisfaction of the Advisory Committee.
- Demonstrate commitment to and involvement in the Boys & Girls Clubs to the satisfaction of the Advisory Committee.
- Complete an application and include a one page essay explaining “How I intend to benefit from my college education”.
- Past recipients may re-apply for the following year only.
- Be available for an interview