Careers with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
Clubhouse Location: Shadyside
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week
Compensation: Based on Experience
BGCWPA is a mission-based organization that hires employees that are recognized as leaders in their field with a passion for improving young lives. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits which allows our employees to maintain work/life balance. We serve more than 8,000 young people annually through programs, services, and outreach. An affiliate of a national organization-Boys & Girls Clubs of America. We are one of the largest comprehensive out of school time providers in Allegheny & Somerset County.
With our continued growth in this department we are looking for someone that is willing to learn, grow and support program implementation. The successful candidate will be an executor who is creative, flexible, and a self-starter. They will be able to manage multiple projects and prioritize as needed. They will have experience as an educator or trainer and love working with youth. They will be able to work with an innovative team, building new programs and creating pathways to careers for youth underrepresented and traditionally untapped for STEM careers.
- Engage and excite students in programs related to STEM. This can include coding, robotics, engineering, artificial intelligence, IT, as well as, physical and environmental science.
- Willingness to learn and keep current of new technologies regarding STEM programming.
- Manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently.
- Under the guidance of the Director of STEM Education, communicate and collaborate with partner organizations, corporate partners, Program Directors and Clubhouse Directors on bringing exciting programming to life.
- Work closely with the Organization Leadership to promote and showcase the impact STEM Programming has on youth, families, and communities.
- Work closely and effectively with the Advancement team to collaborate on the marketing and promotion of STEM programs as well as efforts to acquire funding for the STEM programs.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible in an ever-changing environment and willingness to pitch in with various projects.
- Perform all additional duties and tasks assigned by leadership/supervisors.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in STEM or technology education, computer science, or general education. Masters Degree preferred, but not required. Minimum of four years of experience in some combination of youth development, k-12 education, higher education, STEM and Technology.
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with young people in a positive manner using restorative, not punitive practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to build community partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and assessing curriculum with students and teachers in an out of school setting.
- Strong time management, organization, and project prioritization skills are a must as project management is a key component of this role.
- Proficient in Google Suite and demonstrated technical skills needed to facilitate & design STEM programming.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs function require the following physical demands: lifting & carrying up to 50 pounds, pushing, any/or pulling, climbing to include steps, balancing, stooping, standing, sitting, kneeling, crawling, crouching, and signification fine fingered dexterity. Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
Certifications and Clearances
CPR, Pediatric First Aid, Child Abuse, Criminal History, FBI clearance, NSOR certificate, PA Disclosure and Mandated Reporter certification required upon hire or newer then 6 months.
PA Staff Health Assessment and TB Test must be submitted upon hire and before start date please use the link below to access the form: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/docs/For-Providers/Documents/Child%20Care%20Forms/CD-322%20-%20Staff%20Health%20Assessment.pdf
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Our organization prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.