What is the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program?
EITC is a program that gives tax credits to eligible businesses who decide to contribute to Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania; BGC is an approved “EIO” organization with the PADCED. Your tax liability is diverted to our Club so teens can receive excellent educational opportunities towards financial literacy, workforce and career development, and social enterprise.
Individuals who earn more than $200,000 may also apply for and receive tax credits through our Special Purpose Entity by signing a “joinder” agreement. Consult our President & CEO, if you are interested in this option.
How can the EITC Program benefit your Business?
• For a two-year commitment, your business will receive a tax credit for 90% of your contribution.
• For a one-year commitment, your business will receive a tax credit for 75% of your contribution.
• The remaining 10%/25% may be claimed as a charitable donation on your federal tax return.
• Tax credits awarded up to a maximum of $750,000 per year per program, for a total of $1,500,000.
Who is eligible to participate?
Any PA business subject to the following taxes:
• Personal Income Tax
• Capital Stock/Foreign Franchise Tax
• Corporate Net Tax Income
• Bank Share Tax
• Title Insurance & Trust Company Shares Tax
• Insurance Premium Tax (excluding surplus unauthorized, domestic/foreign marine
• Mutual Thrift Tax
• Malt Beverage Tax
• Reality fees under section 212 of the Company law of 1921
When can you apply?
Beginning May 15 – For businesses who have fulfilled
their 2-year commitment and would like to renew.
Beginning May 15 – For businesses in the middle
of a 2-year commitment.
Beginning July 2 – All new businesses applying for
the first time.
Please apply early, as tax credits are claimed within
1–2 days, and distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Note: Individuals have a different schedule to apply and sign a joinder agreement than businesses.