As a Career Works student you will be able to take advantage of:
- Online training to remediate basic math/writing deficiencies or credit recovery
- Hands-on project-based learning focused on building soft skills and tech literacy
- Gamified training and simulations
- Job shadowing and internships during the summers and throughout the year
- Mentoring and career coaching/case management services
- Dual enrollment programming
- Community service experiences and personal and professional development classes
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s evidence based CareerLaunch and Money Matters curriculums
- Individualized support for high school matriculation and graduation
- Opportunities to expand your social network and have fun while exploring Pittsburgh and the surrounding communities
By hiring an internal staff of BGCWPA career coaches, partnering with corporations, training intermediaries and higher-educational institutions, we connect youth and young adults with viable career options and expose them to high demand industries. Youth will also learn about building confidence, health esteem and reducing risky behaviors through our Healthy Lifestyles Program and support of our mentoring success coaches.
Click here to see a visual representation of the program, its tracks the knowledge, skills and attitudes youth gain while participating in the program.