Careers with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
BGCWPA is a mission-based organization that hires employees that are recognized as leaders in their field with a passion for improving young lives. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits which allows our employees to maintain work/life balance. We serve more than 12,000 young people annually through programs, services, and outreach. An affiliate of a national organization-Boys & Girls Clubs of America. We are one of the largest comprehensive out of school time providers in Allegheny & Somerset County.
The Communications & Marketing Intern reports to the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications and is responsible for assisting the Advancement team with all internal and external marketing and communication activities to help further the mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania. The Communications & Marketing Intern must demonstrate relevant experience and interest in marketing, and this individual must also be driven, hardworking, and passionate about our mission.
- Assist in content creation and design of social media campaigns, marketing materials, email marketing campaigns, and direct mail efforts.
- Create internal & external newsletters to promote agency programs, current events, and important organization news
- Create and distribute content such as blogs, graphics, videos and press releases for social media and other news outlets
- Track social media engagement to identify best practices and high-performing campaigns
- Support advancement team at events
- Visit BGCWPA Clubhouses to capture BGCWPA moments of mission
- Perform corporate outreach as needed
- Must have Act 33, Act 34, Act 151 and NSOR clearances on file and renewed annually.
- Clearances Act 33, Act 34, Act 151 and NSOR letter.
- Mandated Reporter Certification within 45 days of hire
- Attend CPR, Pediatric First Aid training within the first 90 days of hire.
- Enrolled at an accredited college or university in a relevant field.
- Reliable transportation to the administrative office.
- Experience in communications, marketing, journalism, or public relations.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace, Canva, and Constant Contact.
- Creative, graphic design experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills to handle multiple projects, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment.
- Proactive problem prevention and resolution.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs function require the following physical demands: lifting & carrying up to 50 pounds, pushing, any/or pulling, climbing to include steps, balancing, stooping, standing, sitting, kneeling, crawling, crouching, and signification fine fingered dexterity. Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Perform all additional duties and tasks assigned by leadership/supervisors.
Certifications and Clearances
- CPR, Pediatric First Aid, Child Abuse, Criminal History, FBI clearance, NSOR certificate, PA Disclosure and Mandated Reporter certification required upon hire or newer then 6 months.
PA Staff Health Assessment and TB Test must be submitted upon hire and before start date please use the link below to access the form: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/docs/For
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Our organization prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.