Careers with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
BGCWPA is a mission-based organization that hires employees that are recognized as leaders in their field with a passion for improving young lives. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits which allows our employees to maintain work/life balance. We serve more than 12,000 young people annually through programs, services, and outreach. An affiliate of a national organization-Boys & Girls Clubs of America. We are one of the largest comprehensive out of school time providers in Allegheny & Somerset County.
The Development Intern reports to the Vice President of Advancement & Philanthropy and is responsible for assisting the Advancement & Development team with activities to help further the philanthropic activities of Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania. The Development Intern must demonstrate an interest in the nonprofit field, fundraising, and must also be driven, hardworking, and passionate about our mission.
- Work with the Advancement & Development team to update the donor database.
- Update and prepare presentations as needed for organizational meetings and prospective donors.
- Contact donors & corporate partners directly via email and phone.
- Fulfill tasks set out by supervisors from several departments.
- Conduct research to help provide timely and interesting content.
- Assist Advancement & Development team with special events.
- Coordinate communications and mailings to donors.
- Format documents, presentations and other marketing materials as requested.
- Update organization web page and social media channels as requested.
- Must have Act 33, Act 34, Act 151 and NSOR clearances on file and renewed annually
- Clearances Act 33, Act 34, Act 151 and NSOR letter.
- Mandated Reporter Certification within 45 days of hire
- Attend CPR, Pediatric First Aid training within the first 90 days of hire.
- Enrolled at an accredited college or university in a relevant field.
- Reliable transportation to the administrative office.
- Experience in some aspect of the nonprofit industry.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace, Canva, and/or Constant Contact.
- Some level of creative, graphic design experience is preferred.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs function require the following physical demands: lifting & carrying up to 50 pounds, pushing, any/or pulling, climbing to include steps, balancing, stooping, standing, sitting, kneeling, crawling, crouching, and signification fine fingered dexterity. Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Perform all additional duties and tasks assigned by leadership/supervisors
Certifications and Clearances
- CPR, Pediatric First Aid, Child Abuse, Criminal History, FBI clearance, NSOR certificate, PA Disclosure and Mandated Reporter certification required upon hire or newer then 6 months.
- PA Staff Health Assessment and TB Test must be submitted upon hire and before start date please use the link below to access the form: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/docs/For-Providers/Documents/Child%20Care%20Forms/CD-322%20-%20Staff%20Health%20Assessment.pdf
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Our organization prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
f you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.