Careers with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
BGCWPA is a mission-based organization that hires employees that are recognized as leaders in their field with a passion for improving young lives. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits which allows our employees to maintain work/life balance. We serve more than 12,000 young people annually through programs, services, and outreach. An affiliate of a national organization-Boys & Girls Clubs of America. We are one of the largest comprehensive out of school time providers in Allegheny & Somerset County with an exciting new strategic plan. We don’t do just one thing, we do whatever it takes to activate and advance the potential in youth so they have great futures.
The Robotics and AI Coordinator will be responsible for the implementing and coordinating a robotics program at BGCWPA Clubhouses. This position will work closely with all members of the STEM team in order to coordinate, design curriculum, and organize students to develop a comprehensive Robotics, AI, and STEM program. The Robotics and AI Coordinator will need to be sufficiently adept in light programming such as block based programming and python. They will be responsible for student engagement and enjoyment of Robotics Camp activities.
The successful candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic about programming and engineering and design, will keep students active and motivated in their projects, support positive social emotional learning and will be a good communicator.
- Bachelor’s Degree and experience teaching & developing STEM curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with young people in a positive manner using restorative, not punitive practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to build community partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and assessing curriculum with students
- Proficient in block based coding would be preferred
- The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs function require the following physical demands: lifting & carrying up to 50 pounds, pushing, any/or pulling, climbing to include steps, balancing, stooping, standing, sitting, kneeling, crawling, crouching, and signification fine fingered dexterity.
- Perform all additional duties and tasks assigned by leadership/supervisors.
Certifications and Clearances
- CPR, Pediatric First Aid, Child Abuse, Criminal History, FBI clearance, NSOR certificate, PA Disclosure and Mandated Reporter certification required upon hire or newer then 6 months.
- PA Staff Health Assessment and TB Test must be submitted upon hire and before start date please use the link below to access the form: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/docs/For-Providers/Documents/Child%20Care%20Forms/CD-322%20-%20Staff%20Health%20Assessment.pdf
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Our organization prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.