Careers with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
BGCWPA is a mission-based organization that hires employees that are recognized as leaders in their field with a passion for improving young lives. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits which allows our employees to maintain work/life balance. We serve more than 12,000 young people annually through programs, services, and outreach. An affiliate of a national organization-Boys & Girls Clubs of America. We are one of the largest comprehensive out of school time providers in Allegheny & Somerset County.
The Youth Development Professional will be hands on with the youth to implement curriculum and programming on a day to day basis. This role is responsible for the supervision and safety of all program participants as well as relationship building. This role will ensure that they follow all DHS Chapter 3270 Regulations and BGCA Safety requirements.
- Implement educational programming to include: STEM, art, mentoring, athletics and activities.
- Ensure the safety of all program participants while in care.
- Encourage recruitment with youth and families to assist with communications in the community of what programs, services, and outreach BGCWPA has to offer.
- Conduct annual youth evaluations of child progress per DHS requirements within 45 days of entry into the program.
- Promote and stimulate membership in the Clubhouse through programs, services, and outreach activities.
- Conduct monthly incentive programs that focus on literacy, STEM, Art, Mentoring, Athletics and Social/Emotional Learning activities.
- Work with volunteer, tutors, and students to participate in an ongoing education improvement program
- Implement educational and all out of school time programs that are stimulating and age appropriate for all members.
- Provide an environment that promotes creativity and exploration through learning
- Offer input regarding department programs, in partnership with the approval of Program Manager
- Observe and report any maintenance and operation concerns of the department’s physical property, ensuring Club member safety at all times to the Clubhouse director.
- At a minimum a high school diploma or a general educational development certificate and 2 years experience with children- some credit bearing coursework preferred in child development.
- The ability to create strong relationships with youth in a short period of time
- An interest in a variety of youth programs including technology, art, sports, STEM, mentoring and recreation
- Advanced positive customer service skills needed.
- Must complete a health physical and TB test
- 3 letters of Reference
- Clearances Act 33, Act 34, Act 151 and NSOR letter.
- Mandated Reporter Certification within 45 days of hire
- Be able to attend a minimum of 12 hours of training per year.
- Attend CPR, Pediatric First Aid training within the first 90 days of hire.
- Strong time management, organization, and project prioritization skills are a must
- Proficient in Google Suite.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs function require the following physical demands: lifting & carrying up to 50 pounds, pushing, any/or pulling, climbing to include steps, balancing, stooping, standing, sitting, kneeling, crawling, crouching, and signification fine fingered dexterity. Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Perform all additional duties and tasks assigned by leadership/supervisors.
Certifications and Clearances
- CPR, Pediatric First Aid, Child Abuse, Criminal History, FBI clearance, NSOR certificate, PA Disclosure and Mandated Reporter certification required upon hire or newer then 6 months.
- PA Staff Health Assessment and TB Test must be submitted upon hire and before start date please use the link below to access the form: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/docs/For-Providers/Documents/Child%20Care%20Forms/CD-322%20-%20Staff%20Health%20Assessment.pdf
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Our organization prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.