Careers with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
Employment Type: Part-Time
Compensation: Based on Experience
BGCWPA is a mission-based organization that hires employees that are recognized as leaders in their field with a passion for improving young lives. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits which allows our employees to maintain work/life balance. We serve more than 12,000 young people annually through programs, services, and outreach. An affiliate of a national organization-Boys & Girls Clubs of America. We are one of the largest comprehensive out of school time providers in Allegheny & Somerset County.
The Youth Sports Club Coordinator is responsible for working with youth to educate them on a skillset in a specified sport. The Youth Sports Club Coordinator is responsible for supervising, coordinating, and promoting the athletics program for BGCWPA. At times, you may be the referee for game play in addition to your other duties. The position will report to the Athletic Director or Sports Manager.
- Ability to teach specified athletic program skill sets to students that emphasize on the technique, rules, and strategies of the play.
- Ability to teach sportsmanship, cooperation, and responsibility to team members.
- Demonstrates through experience, a commitment to devote extended day hours to include nights and weekends.
- Ability to supervise and conduct safe practices and contests.
- Ability to encourage all athletes and offer fair play for each student that wishes to participate.
- Ability to positively promote recruitment efforts representing BGCWPA.
- Ability to respond to player injuries by using first aid techniques.
- Ability to supervise youth.
- Ability to communicate with parents/guardians professionally.
- Understands the rules of the sport.
- Conducts other duties assigned by the Athletic Director or Sports Manager.
- At a minimum a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years experience in organized coaching and/or college level sports play.
- First Aid and CPR certified or the ability to attain within 90 days of hire.
- The ability to create strong relationships with youth in a short period of time
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the media, parents, school administration and community is required.
- Excellent Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Leadership and supervisory skills necessary.
- Dependable and reliable a must.
- Advanced positive customer service skills needed.
- Must complete a health physical and TB test
- 3 letters of Reference
- Clearances Act 33, Act 34, Act 151 and NSOR letter.
- Mandated Reporter Certification within 45 days of hire
- Be able to attend a minimum of 12 hours of training per year.
- Strong time management, organization, and project prioritization skills are a must
- Proficient in Google Suite.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs function require the following physical demands: lifting & carrying up to 50 pounds, pushing, any/or pulling, climbing to include steps, balancing, stooping, standing, sitting, kneeling, crawling, crouching, and signification fine fingered dexterity. Ability to tolerate environmental conditions: air conditioning, heat, dust fumes, noise, close quarters, etc.
- Perform all additional duties and tasks assigned by leadership/supervisors.
Certifications and Clearances
CPR, Pediatric First Aid, Child Abuse, Criminal History, FBI clearance, NSOR certificate, PA Disclosure and Mandated Reporter certification required upon hire or newer then 6 months.
PA Staff Health Assessment and TB Test must be submitted upon hire and before start date please use the link below to access the form: https://www.dhs.pa.gov/docs/For-Providers/Documents/Child%20Care%20Forms/CD-322%20-%20Staff%20Health%20Assessment.pdf
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Our organization prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.