We are pleased to announce that we are still planning to open 4 Clubhouses for in-person Summer Camp programming starting June 29th and offering our special Virtual Summer Camp on Outschool.
We are also excited to offer a specialty day camp for McKeesport and Duquesne Clubhouse members (and those from surrounding communities) in August. Check back soon for registration details.
Plan your Summer calendars and get ready for BGCWPA’s unique, exciting, and affordable Summer Day Camp and specialty virtual programs! This year we are offering a hybrid program which includes exciting multi-format live online classes hosted by our staff and teachers on Outschool.
This summer our in-person day camps serve youth ages 5-13, with 4 convenient, accessible locations throughout Pittsburgh and surrounding areas! We will also be offering a 4 week specialty program for families in McKeesport and Duquesne (and surrounding areas) in the month of August. We encourage campers from communities where we are not running in-person summer day camp to attend our other in-person locations; transportation support can be request if it’s needed to access another location by contacting us at email@example.com. Additionally, stay tuned for partnership opportunities later this summer with other day camp providers near locations that are not opening for in-person programming. We also offer teen programming including Learn & Earn (going virtual and blended with in-person options this year), Career Works and our Artificial Intelligence Pathways Institute.
BGCWPA offers affordable programs, scholarship opportunities, and payment plans to help get your child on the path to self-discovery, a great summer, and a GREAT FUTURE!
In-person Summer Day Camp will operate Monday through Friday, beginning June 29th and running through August 21st. Virtual Summer Camp classes will run June 15th – August 21st.
Drop Off will begin at 7:30 AM, with daily camp activities beginning at 9:00 AM through 5:00 PM. Extended care is available throughout the duration of the Summer from 5-6 PM for an additional $25.00 per week. Our weekly rate of $115 will include breakfast, lunch, and snack and is currently available to any parent or guardian who is considered essential personnel in any line of work of business and opens to all families on June 29th. (Please note, BGCWPA has a waiver from the Governor to operate this programming prior to June 29th).
This summer we are excited to become the first Boys & Girls Club in the nation to announce our partnership with Outschool. Outschool is a platform that will allow us to flip what online learning normally looks like and turn it into highly interest driven live sessions. Each week during our summer camp programming, we will offer 15-20 highly curated classes taught by our instructors as well as give our members special access to numerous classes taught by teachers from all over the world!
So How Does It Work? Flexible classes targeted at K-8 students will range from one-time 25 minute classes to ongoing weekly classes that range between 25-45 minutes in a variety of subjects and topics meant to engage K-8 kids.
- Little to no parent supervision or set up is required, so busy parents working from home or taking care of younger children can rely on our team to engage and support your child and offer tech support when needed.
- Sign up for 25 minutes or for a few hours of daily programming focused on everything from literacy to fun enrichment topics!
- These multi-format classes will allow kids to balance their summers between playing outside and exploring their interests, getting social time with peers and building academic skills to make up for potential learning losses from COVID-19.
- We kept the pricing of our classes very affordable, in line with our mission and have been able to match families $50.00 registration for the 7 weeks of our virtual summer camp with a $200 scholarship. If this scholarship is exhausted, families who need additional support may apply for more Outschool credits through a BGCWPA financial aid application process as we raise funds and partner with others in the coming months to expand the program.
- This offer is not available to families who don’t register for our virtual summer camp.
All families and communities qualify for our programs.
Our highly trained staff and junior camp staff are eager to work with your child.